Wednesday 6 July 2011

Rise of the Bohemians

I'm pretty glad that I was in Asia for the "festival gear" torrent that hits all the fashion magazines as soon as summer approaches. We all know what to wear by now, hunter wellies, unbelievably short high waisted denim shorts- (preferably ripped) and some florals. It's the only time of the year that Barbour jackets are cool and not just for public school country bumpkins.  Throw in some feathers/ head band/ or flowers for the hair and we're set. And yes the goddess of festival season is of course Alexa Chung. We get it! What makes it worse is that I'm just too lazy to attempt to get tickets to festivals such as Glastonbury so it's with enviable irritation that I read the festival trend articles. Though I am hopefully going to the Green Man festival   http://www.greenman.net/ this year where Laura Marling and Noah and the Whale are playing. Beat that Glastonbury for playing around with the folk bohemian look.

I don't meant to be too cutting since this look is exactly what I love about this time of the year and spring. The re awakening of the long boho skirts, brought to life by that incredible Roberto Cavalli skirt advertised by Kate Moss in 2007 (fuck that seems like such a long time ago now). In fact I should have a post devoted to Cavalli, I love the raw inspirations for his prints, animals flowers and general nature. I consider him the king of boho and I still find this photo one of the sexiest and Summer inspiring of all time. Though I confess to having the strange preference of Autumn as a season you can't help but get carried away by the Bohemian trend.

Songs for the Summer
Mumford and Sons and Ray Davies- Days/ This time tomorrow
Noah and the Whale- For Love of an Orchestra
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- Home
Stornaway- I saw you blink







No comments:

Post a Comment